Irish Therapy Dog visits to Bridhaven
Every other Friday morning here in Bridhaven we have a visit from Irish Therapy Dogs. Jess, a lovely Golden Labrador visits our residents with her owner Sarah. Our residents love seeing Jess come in to visit.
Pet therapy can be used in many different ways. Goals of a pet therapy program can be to:
- improve fine motor skills
- improve assisted or independent movement
- increase self-esteem
- decrease anxiety or loneliness
- increase verbal communication
- develop social skills
- increase willingness to join in activities
- improve interactions with others
- motivate willingness to exercise
And of course we always have the added joy of the smiles on faces when Jess visits.