We at Brídhaven Nursing Home, Cork‘s Number 1 Nursing Home, are very proud of our activity program.
Why we Have An Activity Programme in Bridhaven Nursing Home?
Meaningful activities provide opportunities for interaction, communication, consultation and choice, and ultimately enhance esteem and self-actualization.
A well-structured activity programme can:-
- Increase physical abilities – including mobility, strength, balance, co-ordination, respiration and circulation.
- Improve mental abilities – including logic, concentration and memory.
- Enhance orientation.
- Encourage communication and interaction and develop social skills.
- Facilitate creative expression.
- Provide an opportunity to continue learning.
- Promote individuality.
- Create alternative roles for residents.
- Emphasize a resident’s abilities and skills, thereby increasing confidence and self-esteem.
- Increase autonomy by requiring residents to make choices and decisions.
- Reduce the stress and challenging behaviour induced by boredom.
- Provide relaxation, thereby reducing stress.
Cork Nursing Homes Nursing Homes Cork.
The Activity programme is led by our very capable Senior Activities Coordinator Trish O’Sullivan who plans and implements an interesting and varied daily programme with the assistance of Mary Rea and Joan Kinsella, Activities Coordinators at the Nursing Home.
Cork Nursing Homes Nursing Homes Cork
Some Upcoming activities in the Nursing Home this week:
- Sonas Sessions
- Act (Activity in Care Therapy) sessions
- Sims (sensory) sessions
- Art therapy
- Music therapy
- Reminiscence therapy sessions
- Relaxation afternoons
- Gardening Group
- Walking Club
- Knitting & crochet class
- Literacy Group
- Jewellery making classes
- Individual & Group sessions
- Disco afternoon
- Mens Club
- Pamper mornings
- Pet therapy
- Rosary Groups
- Youth Group
- Crosswords & Quizzes
- After 6 Club
- Hand massage therapy & nail care.
- Current Affairs
- My life story
- and many many more……………..
There is a full timetable of Nursing Home activities in the notice board near reception.
Please visit our Facebook Page on http://on.fb.me/xrZY7q for more information on the activities that take place in thenursing home or follow us on Twitter @BridhavenMallow.