We at Brídhaven Nursing Home, Cork‘s Number 1 Nursing Home, are very proud of our activity program.
Why we Have An Activity Programme in Bridhaven Nursing Home?
Meaningful activities provide opportunities for interaction, communication, consultation and choice, and ultimately enhance esteem and self-actualisation.
A well-structured activity programme can:-
- Increase physical abilities – including mobility, strength, balance, co-ordination, respiration and circulation.
- Improve mental abilities – including logic, concentration and memory.
- Enhance orientation.
- Encourage communication and interaction and develop social skills.
- Facilitate creative expression.
- Provide an opportunity to continue learning.
- Promote individuality.
- Create alternative roles for residents.
- Emphasize a resident’s abilities and skills, thereby increasing confidence and self-esteem.
- Increase autonomy by requiring residents to make choices and decisions.
- Reduce the stress and challenging behaviour induced by boredom.
- Provide relaxation, thereby reducing stress.
Cork Nursing Homes Nursing Homes Cork.
The Activity programme is led by our very capable Senior Activities Coordinator Trish O’Sullivan who plans and implements an interesting and varied daily programme with the assistance of Mary Rea and Joan Kinsella, Activities Coordinators at the Nursing Home.
Cork Nursing Homes Nursing Homes Cork
Upcoming activites in the Nursing Home this week:
Monday: A/M- Arts & Crafts, Sonas Sessions, Individual Sims sessions, Nursing homes quiz
P/M- Remenescense Therapy Sessions, Creative Writting Group.
Tuesday: A/M- Games morning, Boccia, Act Sessions
P/M- ACT Therapy Sessions, Book Club, Pet therapy for Nursing Homes with Irish Therapy Dogs.
Wednesday: A/M- Baking Morning, Massage Therapy, Sonas/Sims sessions
P/M-Group and Individual sessions of Sonas/Sims, Sing a long and music
Thursday : A/M- Darts, Cards, Crosswords, Exercise Group, Knitting/Crochet group
P/M- Reminiscence therapy groups. Relaxation afternoon.
Friday: A/M- Sonas Session, Sims Sessions, Coffee morning
P/M- Catch up Friday(social and media events), Bingo
Saturday: A/M- Pamper day with massages, hand/nail care, Relaxation sessions
P/M- Nature watch afternoon,
Sunday: A/M-Sunday Morning Reflections, Communion.
P/M-Old time movie afternoon, GAA matches, Family Time.
There is a full timetable of Nursing Home activities in the notice board near reception.
Please visit our Facebook Page on http://on.fb.me/xrZY7q for more information on the activities that take place in thenursing home or follow us on Twitter @BridhavenMallow.